Don’t throw these little bags out! Silica bags are found with new shoes and electronics. They contain silicon dioxide, aka “silica.” Silica can absorb moisture and keep things dry.
1. Water-damaged phone? Leave it to silica to dry it right up.
2. De-clump salt or sugar.
3. Preserve stored ornaments and decorations.
4. Keep your razors alive longer. The bags will dry out moisture and make the blades last longer.
5. Smelly gym bag? Silica bags can prevent bacteria or mold from growing.
6. Storing lots of photos together? The bags prevent moisture damage and photos from sticking together.
You can reuse the bags by heating them up in an oven. Start collecting.
Follow BI Video on Twitter: http://bit.ly/1oS68Zs
Follow BI on Facebook: http://bit.ly/1W9Lk0n
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/
Business Insider is the fastest growing business news site in the US. Our mission: to tell you all you need to know about the big world around you. The BI Video team focuses on technology, strategy and science with an emphasis on unique storytelling and data that appeals to the next generation of leaders – the digital generation.